RentAFriend gives you an opportunity to make money as a companion and platonic friend.
As a RentAFriend, you can make money and become a real friend for $10 an hour. Sometimes a lonely person needs friendly activities and social life. You can get paid to be a friend.
It sounds exactly what it is but not as creepy. In fact, people want a platonic friendship for social well-being.
What is RentAFriend?
RentAFriend.com is a platform allowing you to rent local friends from around the world. In turn, you can get paid as a professional friend too.
RentAFriend is not a dating website nor an escort service. It is simply a friend for hire to go explore a museum, teach a new skill, have a conversation, as a workout partner, watch a movie, or more.
How to Make Money with RentAFriend
People look for friends to do all sorts of things. You can make money as a rentable friend by accompanying others to ballgames, parties, or simply show them around a new city.
- RentAFriend is currently looking for friends worldwide.
- The website states you can earn up to $50 per hour including free meals, concerts, events, and more. Keep 100% of the money you make
- You can set your own hours, set your rate, and work when you want to.
- Set up a profile on RentAFriend for free.
RentAFriend states friends can make good monthly income in the thousands.
- Complete an application and get approved.
- Your live profile is made available to the community.
- You make the rules and are not required to do anything you don’t want to.
- Discuss all of the details including the time, date, location plans, and payment before meetup.
RentAFriend reminds users: You are NOT going on a date. This is for friendship purposes.
- Becoming a rentable friend is free.
- People looking for friends must pay a membership fee.
In our RentAFriend review, we discovered people rent friends for many reasons. On Reddit, a user stated they rented older friends to play as parents for an event. Sounds like an interesting way to use a rentable friend. In a Pennyhoarder article, a writer stated a friend he met and interviewed from the service started as a paid bridesmaid.
Think of it as another rental service for social people who want a personal experience and a platonic company.
Pros and Cons
- Only paid members can contact friends for hire.
- Members can call, text, or message you through the website.
- It’s up to you to decide your preferred method of communication.
- There is no obligation to be friends with anyone who contacts you.
- Limited knowledge of who of your potential new friend.
- Unwanted flirtations.
- The website needs an update.
Who is it best for
RentAFriend is best for outgoing and extroverted people looking to make money and have a fun time. It’s best for those who enjoy being activity partners.