Gemini is a cryptocurrency exchange for both beginner investors and active traders. Thinking about adding crypto investments to your portfolio?
What is Gemini Crypto?
Gemini Crypto offers 50+ cryptocurrencies to buy, sell, and store your crypto assets. It’s a simple and secure platform to build your crypto portfolio.
Get started with as little as $5 with the fastest-growing crypto exchange.
Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, known for their disagreement with Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, founded Gemini in 2015. Gemini is a New York trust company regulated by the NY State Department of Financial Services.
What is Cryptocurrency?
Cryptocurrency is a digital currency and not issued by a central authority. It utilizes a decentralized network and works through a distributed ledger known as blockchain technology.
How does Gemini Crypto work?
Gemini offers an advanced trading platform to:
- Start with as little as $5.
- Available in all 50 states and 50+ countries.
- Buy, sell and manage 50+ popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Trade assets, manage your holdings and set recurring buys on the crypto industry’s most secure, trusted platform.
- All crypto held online in the Gemini exchange wallet is insured with cold storage coverage with leading insurance providers.
Gemini is SOC 1 Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2 compliant being the first crypto exchange and custodian to complete the exams. The platform offers an enhanced level of security features with hardware security keys for two-factor (2F) authentication.
Any cash balances of fiat currency may be eligible for FDIC insurance.
It’s crucial to understand crypto trading involves substantial risk of loss. Crypto values fluctuate with volatility. As a result, you may lose all of your original investments.
Features & Benefits
Gemini crypto exchange platform offers the following:
- My Portfolio: Manage your account at-a-glance. View your cryptocurrency balance, 24-hour change, and percent change.
- Gemini Exchange: Research the crypto market, buy bitcoin and other cryptos.
- Gemini Earn: Earn up to 8.5% APY on your cryptos including stablecoins.
- Gemini Pay: Spend your crypto at more than 30,000 retail locations across the United States.
- Gemini Wallet: store your digital assets in a hot wallet insured against theft from hacking, security breach, employee theft, or fraudulent transfer.
- Gemini Credit Card: Earn crypto rewards in bitcoin or any crypto with up to 3% back on purchases with the credit card.
- Gemini Custody: Store and manage your digital assets with institutional-grade crypto storage. Gemini Custody may be the solution for investors looking to hold cryptos long-term.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Social security number
- Email address
- Account maintenance fee: $0
- New account setup fee: $0
Gemini trading fee structure includes a convenience fee and a transaction fee.
Before you place a trade order, you will be quoted a firm price that includes the Convenience Fee (the “market price”) along with the Transaction Fee, which is determined according to the amount of your order.
Who is it best for?
Gemini is best for beginners and experienced traders alike with a good understanding of cryptocurrency.
Gemini Crypto Review
Gemini crypto is a legit company and not a scam. The Gemini exchange is rated 4.8 out of 5 stars with over 60,000 reviews in the App store.
In our Gemini review, we learned it’s a great option for most crypto investors. Firstly, it offers a wide array of products and services for newbies or advanced traders. Secondly, the research tools available are best in class. Finally, the extra security and insurance coverage may give you more peace of mind.
You can get started with Gemini here.
It’s a clear winner with its top-tier security features and dozens of tools. Although the fees may be higher than alternatives, it might be worth it for the extra tools, insurance, and security features.
- Simple user experience
- Set recurring buys and dynamic price alerts
- Enable crypto withdrawals to go only to approved addresses
- Transaction histories and downloadable account statements
- Customer support
- Higher fees compared to other exchanges
- Access Cryptopedia, an educational tool, to learn more about the crypto market.
- Customer service is available via support ticket.
How to Start a Gemini Crypto Account
The time needed: 3 minutes.
Step-by-step to open an account
- Get started
- Create an account by clicking on the link here.
- Follow the instructions
- Verify your phone number and email.
- Submit your application
- Complete the ID verification process.
- Add payment method
- Fund with fiat currency. Link bank account or wire transfer. Debit card transfers are not available for funding but allowed for instant purchase. Credit cards are currently not accepted.
- Fund with crypto.
If you’re looking for an alternative Voyager and Crypto.com are great options. Want more options? Check out the best 5 crypto exchanges list.