PayPal Crypto enables you to trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Are you using PayPal? You can start investing in four cryptos within the app.
What is PayPal Crypto?
PayPal Crypto facilitates cryptocurrency buying and selling. With PayPal Crypto, you can easily start investing with as little as $1. You must have a PayPal account to use the cryptocurrency exchange.
The crypto service is only available in the United States and all trades are done using fiat currency–the US Dollar. PayPal is a convenient and secure way to transfer money to other people and businesses. They also offer additional financial services to consumers and merchants.
What is Cryptocurrency?
Many believe that cryptocurrency could one day be as commonly used as cash and credit. The crypto market runs 24/7, 365 days a year with prices changing every minute of every day. Cryptocurrencies are currently seen as crypto assets or a store of value.
How does PayPal Crypto work?
PayPal Crypto helps you discover and trade cryptocurrencies.
- Buy, sell and hold four crypto coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin.
- Start investing in crypto with $1.
- Use crypto as currency for eligible purchases at millions of online stores.
- Retail purchases using crypto are back with fraud protection.
Keep in mind that PayPal can’t protect you from losses as a result of market volatility. Be sure to do your research and buy and sell carefully.
Features & Benefits
PayPal Crypto can help you with:
- Crypto exchange: buy, sell and hold four crypto assets.
- Crypto purchase: Use crypto at checkout
- Must have a PayPal account.
- Verified identity.
PayPal Fees: $0 to signup, $0 monthly fees PayPal Crypto Fees: When you buy or sell cryptocurrency, a transaction fee applies.
- The transaction fees are based on how much crypto you buy or sell. The exchange rate you’ll see before buying or selling crypto will also include a cryptocurrency conversion spread.
- There’s no account fee for crypto holdings.
Who is it best for?
PayPal cryptocurrency service is best for existing PayPal users.
PayPal Crypto Review
PayPal crypto is a legit service to buy, sell, hold and use digital assets like crypto. In our PayPal Crypto review, we learned it’s a good option for beginners.
You can start investing with as little as $1, but fees are higher. The transaction fee and spread fee applies (the exchange rate between USD and the crypto asset) is used to calculate the cost.
Keep in mind you do not own the cryptos held in PayPal. It’s held in trust for you, unlike other cryptocurrency platforms that offer crypto wallets or cold storage.
- Buy crypto starting at $1
- User-friendly interface
- Trusted protection associated with PayPal
- Strong customer service
- Higher transactions fee compared to alternatives
- You cannot transfer coins to another crypto wallet
PayPal Crypto is distinctive in offering the asset as digital currencies for online purchases and cryptocurrency transactions. PayPal Purchase Protection covers purchases using cryptocurrencies. It does not protect your investments from market price volatility.
How to Start a PayPal Crypto Account
The time needed: 2 minutes.
Step-by-step to buy and sell crypto
- Get started
- Create an account by clicking on the link here.
- Or log in to your PayPal account.
- Verify your identity
- Complete the signup process and verify your account.
How to Use Crypto on PayPal Purchases
- Shop online and select PayPal at checkout.
- On eligible purchases, PayPal will automatically make crypto available to you as a funding option, as long as you have enough crypto to pay in full at that time.
- If you choose to check out with crypto, PayPal will automatically convert it into USD or other currency at no additional fee.
- Because it’s an asset, it will first be sold whenever you checkout with crypto, and the cash will be used to pay the merchant. You have to report any gains or losses on the crypto sale on your taxes. PayPal will provide the necessary 1099 forms when you sell cryptocurrency.