Webull is an online broker with commission-free trades for the active trader or more experience self-directed investor. Are you looking to start investing?
What Is Webull?
Webull is a zero-commission online broker offering individual taxable accounts and retirement IRAs. It’s a low-cost and self-directed online trading app. Access is available on iOS and Android phones as well as desktops. With Webull, you can trade individual stocks, fractional shares, options, ETFs, and ADRs.
The investing platform has one of the most advanced features to help you make better trading decisions. It’s best for experienced investors who can benefit from in-depth analysis tools. However, new and interested traders can benefit too.
How Does Webull Work?
Webull is one of the top-rated stock trading apps. The app lets you:
- Buy and sell a wide range of stocks and fractional shares
- Make options trade with zero commissions and no per-contract fee.
- Interact with a community of traders and participate in competitions.
Additionally, Webull gives access to advanced charts, technical indicators, real-time market data along with a fully customized desktop platform. The Advanced Trading Tools include economic calendars, ratings from research agencies, margin trading, and short-selling. If you’re looking to have mutual funds or trade Over-the-counter stocks (OTC) as part of your investment strategy, then you might want to look elsewhere.
Features & Benefits
Webull shines with its user-friendly interface and focused educational design.
- Zero-commission – enjoy commission-free trading.
- No minimum deposit – no need to keep a specific amount in the account.
- Immediate Access to Deposits – Deposit before 4 PM on trading days and get provisional credit on the same day to start trading.
- Full extended hours trading – trade before and after the market closes. Access trading either before (4 AM – 930AM) or after (4 PM – 8 PM) the trading day of a stock exchange.
- Multi-platform – log into your account using the mobile app or desktop trading platform. Create and consolidate watch lists, analyze charts, place orders, and check your positions across all platforms (web, mobile, P.C.s).
- Free Real-Time Quotes – get access to up-to-minute market data. Free real-time quotes provided are Nasdaq Basic, Nasdaq Total View, NBBO) to analyze company trends.
- Margin – trade on margin if you have at least $2,000 net value in your margin account.
- Paper trading – play the stock market without using your money.
- Customer Support – get 24/7 Online Help.
- Community forum – engage with other traders through the mobile platform.
Webull’s parent company is Webull Financial LLC, a member of SIPC. The SIPC protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 ($250,000 of cash). Webull partners with Apex Clearing as its clearing firm.
- Individual Taxable Account – invest in stocks, fractional shares, and make ETF trades.
- Options Trading – supports Level 1 and Level 2 options trading.
- Margin Accounts – provides up to 4x day-trade buying power and 2x overnight buying power.
- Retirement Accounts – Roth IRAs, Traditional IRAs, and Rollover IRAs.
- Crypto Trading – Diversify your holdings with cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
Advanced traders can pay for more access to Level 2 research for stock history and company information.
- Trading Fees: $0
- Account Minimum Fee: $0
Who is it best for?
Webull stock trading app is best for experienced investors and active traders who need a robust platform to execute trades quickly. With Webull, you can take advantage of full-extended trading hours, access to real-time data, charting tools, and educational content.
Our Webull review is positive. Webull is a legit company and not a scam. It’s a trusted online brokerage company helping over 9 million people worldwide invest in the financial markets.
As an investor, you have many top brokers to choose from, and Webull provides a stellar mobile experience and no trading commissions. With a very user-friendly interface, robust analysis tools, and community features, Webull differentiates itself from the likes of Robinhood.
Pros and Cons
- No account maintenance fees
- Commission-free trading
- Technical and fundamental analysis tools
- Fractional shares
- Community forum
- The community forum has trolls
- Lacks financial education resources
How to Start a Webull account
The time needed: 5 minutes.
Step-by-step to open a trading account
- Get started
- Create an account by clicking on the link here.
- Follow the instructions
- Verify your phone number and email.
- Submit your application
- Complete the I.D. verification process.
- Link your external bank account.
- Fund with your account.
Alternatives to Webull include Public.com and SoFi Active Investing or searching the marketplace. For investors looking for financial advice or mutual funds, review M1 Finance or Betterment. Want more options? Read our list of the best 5 Robo-advisors.
Is Webull a good trading platform?
Webull is a free trading platform with comprehensive tools: technical indicators, economic calendars, ratings from research agencies, margin trading, and short-selling. It also offers community participation through a forum and paper trade competitions to educate and engage traders.
What are Webull’s key features?
- Advanced and intelligent tools and services
- $0 Commission Fees
- Free Real-Time Quotes
- Multi-platform Accessibility
- Full Extended Hours Trading
- 24/7 Online Help
- Community forum to chat with other traders
- Paper trading competitions
Is Webull good for beginners?
Webull can be overwhelming for beginners. I certainly felt that way even with some experience. Although I am more of a passive investor than an active one. There are two significant features for beginners: paper trading and community chats.
With paper trading, you can learn how to trade and practice without using your real money. You can learn how to use the apps and read the charts. Community chats allow you to interact with other traders, but I warn you there isn’t much educating as there is bragging.
Does Webull allow day trading?
Webull was made for day trading with its in-depth analytics and research tools. However, there are limits. If you have an account less than $25,000, you are limited to 3-day trades within 5 successive business days. For accounts over $25,000, you have unlimited day trading access.
Is Webull really free?
Yes, Webull offers free trading. They do not charge commissions for trading stocks, ETFs, and options listed on U.S. exchanges. However, fees by the SEC, FINRA, and OCC, the regulatory agencies are assessed. You’ll notice small amounts starting at $0.01 and based on volume.
Webull vs. Robinhood
Webull is best for intermediate and active traders who want access to a robust platform to make technical trades. The platform might be overwhelming to newbies, but beginner traders can learn to make trades using the educational and community features.
Robinhood is good for beginners who don’t need as much in-depth analysis and tools for trades. With Robinhood, you get more simplicity, but that also means less active trading.
If you’re looking to trade, read charts, and research opportunities actively, then Webull is the clear winner and best for day traders.
Is Webull a legitimate Company?
Webull is a legitimate company. Webull Financial LLC is a US-based broker-dealer and member of FINRA, SIPC, and NASDAQ headquartered at 44 Wall Street, New York City. They are also a member of SIPC, which protects securities of customers up to $500,000 ($250,000 of cash)
The company is both a U.S. and Chinese corporation. The technology team is located in Hunan, China, with all customer-facing and brokerage operations in NYC.
Is Webull really safe and secure?
Webull, a member of the SIPC, offers up to $500,000 protection of account assets, of which $250,000 in cash is protected. Additionally, Webull’s Clearing Firm offers additional insurance protection. These insurance protections do not insure against the loss of your securities due to market fluctuations. Visit the SIPC website to learn more about what it protects.
Does Webull offer margin accounts?
Webull offers a margin account with no minimum required. However, there is a minimum of $2000 to use leverage and short. There are no fees to trade on margin, but you’ll pay interest based on your leverage.
Can you trade options on Webull?
Yes, Webull options trading is available. Options allow you to take advantage of both sides of the market with calls and puts. If you think the market will go up or down, then you can trade options. Options trading is generally for more experienced traders.