SoFi Crypto lets you buy and sell cryptocurrency through the SoFi Invest app. Are you looking to add cryptos to your investment portfolio?
What is SoFi Crypto?
As part of SoFi Invest, you can trade cryptocurrencies along with traditional investments like stocks and ETF trades. SoFi Invest brokerage services allow you to trade in the stock market and make cryptocurrency purchases.
SoFi Crypto is an investing platform, not a coin nor a cryptocurrency wallet.
What is Cryptocurrency?
SoFi Invest definition: “Cryptocurrency, often abbreviated to ‘crypto,’ is a new type of digital currency. Crypto is decentralized, meaning that it is not controlled by a central authority like a bank or government.”
How does SoFi Crypto work?
SoFi Crypto offers the same user-friendly active investing mobile app for its cryptocurrency trades. Crypto is offered through SoFi Digital Assets, LLC.
- Buy and sell cryptocurrency: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Ethereum Classic are available to trade.
- Trade cryptocurrencies 24/7 through the SoFi Invest app.
It’s vital to understand crypto trading involves a substantial risk of loss. As a result of crypto market volatility, you may lose all of your original investments.
Features & Benefits
SoFi Crypto can help you invest in cryptocurrencies.
- Trading: buy and sell 5 crypto coins.
- Fractional Shares: buy fractions of cryptos with as little as $1.
- All-in-one: access all the financial products in one app.
- Real-time: purchase of cryptocurrency, by the dollar or by the coin, happens in real-time.
- Financial advisor: Talk to a certified financial advisor at no cost to you.
- Be 18 years or older
- Social security number
- Legal US residential address
- US Citizen, permanent resident, or have a valid US visa
- A markup of up to 1.25% on crypto transactions.
- The markup is added to the market price from the exchange.
- For example: Suppose the market price of Litecoin (LTC) is $100; You purchase $100 worth of LTC; SoFi would mark up the LTC price to $101.25, and you would receive slightly less than 1 full LTC due to that markup.
Who is it best for?
The SoFi Crypto exchange is best for beginner investors.
SoFi Crypto Review
Sofi Crypto is a legit company and not a scam.
In our SoFi Crypto review, we learned it’s simple to trade crypto using the SoFi Invest app. When making investment decisions, the app offers limited research tools and charts. It truly is best for beginners or those who crypto trade casually.
SoFi Crypto is not a true crypto exchange. In fact, its crypto trades are executed by Coinbase. If crypto will become a big part of your investment strategy, it may be wise to use a more robust platform.
- User-friendly interface
- Fractional shares
- Comprehensive mobile trading platform
- 1.25% markup fee per crypto transaction
- No digital wallet
- Inability to transfer coins in or out
You must have a SoFi Invest account to trade cryptocurrencies. With SoFi Invest, you can trade stocks, exchange-traded funds, along with buying and selling fractional shares.
Other SoFi Invest products include:
- SoFi IPO Investing
- SoFi Active Investing
- SoFi Automated Investing
SoFi was founded in San Francisco as Social Finance in 2012. Its original focus was to offer student loan refinancing. SoFi has since evolved to include a host of financial products including personal loans, financial planning, brokerage products, retirement accounts, and more.
How to Start a SoFi Crypto Account
The time needed: 3 minutes.
Step-by-step to start crypto trading
- Get started
- Create an account by clicking on the link here.
- Or, if you’re an existing SoFi Invest user, go directly to the app.
- Submit an application
- Legal first and last name, email address, residential address
- Wait for approval
- Additional documents may be requested for identity verification.