Public.com Crypto lets you buy, sell and hold crypto assets in the same investing app. Have you been looking to add cryptocurrencies to your investment portfolio?
What is Public.com Crypto?
As part of Public.com, you can trade cryptos along with stocks and ETFs. Public offers a taxable brokerage account with zero-commission trading. It stands out from traditional investment platforms with its community of investors–a social media network–to chat and learn together.
Public.com is an investing platform focused on helping you become a long-term investor, not a trader. The recent launch of crypto is to address the growing desire of the community to add digital assets into their investment portfolio.
Access to crypto assets on Public is provided in partnership with Apex Crypto, which provides cryptocurrency execution and custody services. The Public and Apex Crypto platform allows Public members to buy, sell, and hold crypto but does not provide individual crypto wallets.
What is Cryptocurrency?
Public.com crypto defines it as: “Through special technology (blockchain), cryptocurrency made a name for itself as the Internet’s dollar by anonymizing transactions, reducing the risk of fraud, and increasing the speed of transferring money. This makes for a completely unregulated and decentralized form of cash, with a worth that is determined solely by the laws of supply and demand.”
How does Public.com Crypto work?
Public Crypto has offered its members access to entire share or fractional shares of company stocks and ETFs that deal with crypto. This allows you to be exposed to cryptocurrencies without directly holding them. With the launch of Public.com crypto, you can now directly trade crypto assets.
- Invest with as little as $1.
- Buy, sell, and hold 10 crypto assets: Bitcoin (BTC), Ether (ETH), Cardano (ADA), Dogecoin (DOGE), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Stellar (XLM), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Dash (DASH), and Zcash (ZEC).
- Trade cryptocurrencies 24/7 through the Public.com app.
It’s vital to understand crypto trading involves a substantial risk of loss. As a result of crypto market volatility, you may lose all of your original investments.
Features & Benefits
Public.com crypto features include:
- Trading: buy and sell 10 cryptos.
- Fractional Shares: buy fractions of cryptos with as little as $1.
- Limit Orders: set buying and selling orders for a specific price.
- All-in-one: view your stocks, ETFs, and crypto holdings in one place.
- Volatility Reminders: make decisions with context before each trade.
- Contextual Carousels: browse informational slideshows that share the founding story and thesis, recent headlines, and other pertinent information.
- Crypto-focused Public Lives: a weekly session that provides educational opportunities in the context of real-time events and trends happening in cryptocurrency and blockchain.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Social security number.
- Legal US residential address.
- No minimum deposit is required.
- Zero-commission fees on crypto trades.
Who is it best for?
The Public.com Crypto exchange is best for beginner investors and those who want to learn and exchange ideas.
Public.com Crypto Review
Public.com is a legit company and not a scam.
In our Public.com Crypto review, we learned it’s a great investing app for beginners and those seeking a social layer in their investing journey. The Public App has a 4.7 out of 5-star rating in the App Store.
Investing through Public.com includes access to the stock market and real-time trading. With zero trading fees and fractional shares, it makes it easy for just about anyone to start trading. Public.com is not for day trading.
Public.com crypto is not a true crypto exchange. Instead, its crypto trades are executed by Apex Crypto. If crypto will become a bigger part of your investment strategy, it may be wise to use a more robust platform.
- Simple and user-friendly interface
- Fractional shares
- Community features
- Educational tools
- 1.25% markup fee per crypto transaction
- Not a crypto wallet
- Inability to transfer coins in or out
- Not available to New York-based members.
You must have a Public.com account to trade cryptocurrencies. With Public.com, you can trade stocks, exchange-traded funds, along with buying and selling fractional shares of stocks. Remember, investment apps offer access to the stock market but do not offer investment advice.
Find alternatives for crypto investing for beginners: Read the Best Crypto Apps List
Public.com is an investing platform that helps people become better investors. On Public, ownership unlocks an experience of content and education, contextual to your portfolio, created by a million+ strong transparent community of investors, creators and analysts. Public places investors first, and don’t sell your trades to market makers or take money from Payment for Order Flow (PFOF).
How to Start a SoFi Crypto Account
The time needed: 3 minutes.
Step-by-step to start crypto trading
- Get started
- Create an account by clicking on the link here.
- Or, if you’re an existing Public user, go directly to the app.
- Submit an application
- Legal first and last name, email address, residential address
- Wait for approval
- Additional documents may be requested for identity verification.