Nanny Lane connects you to nanny jobs with families in your area through a seamless app experience and payroll service. People can earn money on the side or as full-time nannies.
What is Nanny Lane?
Nanny Lane is a childcare service platform that allows parents to find childcare for their children. Parents post their child’s age, location, and other information about their needs. A babysitter or nanny can reach out to parents directly. The service is available in many cities including New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle and more.
Nanny Lane is an easy platform for finding nanny jobs. As a nanny or child caregiver, Nanny Lane connects you with families while you continue to decide the details of your service. All providers must go through a background check and complete a Nanny Profile.
By using the platform, you speed up the hiring process, access more opportunities, and receive guidance.
How to Make Money with Nanny Lane
Nannies and babysitters can make money helping families get childcare services. The rates for caregiving varies and the hourly rate is set by the parents. The company helps parents determine the hourly rate to give you a reasonable price for your service.
From the website, the company states: “The average [national] hourly rate of a nanny is $13.68 per hour. The average gross weekly salary of a nanny is $478.80 ($13.68 per hour × 35 hours).”
To increase your opportunities, make sure to have a complete Nanny profile with all your skills and experiences. Include areas of expertise like special needs care, pet-friendly, housekeeping, and meal prep. Parents using Nanny Search can discover and connect with you directly.
With the service, you can explore both nanny and nanny share jobs – two families sharing one nanny for both their children.
For potential nannies, complete your profile, become visible to the community, and search for hundreds of jobs in your area.
NannyLane Background Check
Nanny Lane offers families background check services. A parent or guardian will request the background check after an offer has been made. As the nanny, you’ll be asked to provide details to process your background check. It is stated that most background checks are completed within a day a nanny provides their information.
No fees for nannies.
Who is it best for?
Nanny Lane is best for people who enjoy being around children and helping parents meet their childcare needs.
- Must be legally able to work.
- Pass background check.
How to Get Paid
Step 1: Create your profile
- Creating a profile and connect with families that meet your needs.
- At profile creation, you can choose your rate, availability, experience, and add additional details about your caregiving skills.
Step 2: Search and Wait
- Use nanny search for available jobs in your area with over 90,000 jobs available in the US.
- Your profile is available online for nanny service.
Step 3: Starting your nanny job
- Pass a background check initiated by the family.
- Discuss and finalize the details.
Step 4: Payment
- With payment transfers by direct deposit on a chose pay cycle with pay stubs and federal/state taxes deducted.
- By using the payroll service, you’ll be able to receive social security income, medicare, and unemployment benefits.
Nanny Lane Review
In our Nanny Lane review, we learned from the website there are over 500,000 members loving the service. It provides an all-in-one platform to connect you with jobs and manage your income. In our review, we had difficulty finding online reviews of the nanny agency by caregivers or parents.
Pros and Cons
- Simple platform to connect with jobs.
- Payroll service for seamless income management.
- Pay rates may be set low by families.
- No direct customer service support for nannies.
Nanny Lane Alternatives
Caregiving is an essential service for many and can help you earn money by helping others.
Some Nanny Lane Alternatives include working directly with nanny agencies. Other online platforms include Care.com, SitterCity, and Bambino.