Fine Art America is an online marketplace for artists to sell artwork printed on products. Fellow artists can sell original designs to earn money.
What is Fine Art America?
Fine Art America offers a print-on-demand platform for independent artists to sell art prints, wall prints, framed prints, posters, and other wall art products.
Founded in 2006, it has become one of the largest marketplaces to sell quality images and original artwork. They partner with 14 fulfillment centers in five countries. There are over 100,000 artists in the community.
How Fine Art America Works
Artists ranging from traditional artists, photographers, illustrators, and gallery owners can upload their artwork to create their online portfolio and sell print-on-demand projects.
- Sellers upload artwork on the platform and let the community discover the designs (or promote it too).
- Print your artwork on many products, sell digital downloads and the original work itself.
- Use sales and email marketing tools to help increase sales. (i.e., create a discount code)
- Fine Art America sets a base price for each product, and the artwork owner adds a markup above the base price.
- Fulfillment services do all the heavy lifting to get your artwork printed on products and shipped worldwide.
What Can Sell on Fine Art America?
You can sell canvas prints, framed prints, greeting cards, metal prints, wood prints, home decor, phone cases, t-shirts, and more. With Fine Art America, artists can sell through the online marketplace and its retail stores, your website and favorite e-commerce platforms, and the mobile app.
Shipping: With 14 fulfillment centers globally, you can get your products shipped from the nearest location.
30-day return policy: 100% satisfaction guarantee helping art buyers to return items within 30 days of the order date.
How to Make Money with Fine Art America
To start selling your artwork, you need a Fine Art America seller account. It’s an easy process that lets you reach potential buyers within minutes.
To start selling:
- Open an account, upload your profile picture, add a biography, and link your social media accounts.
- Prepare your artwork and upload your images.
- Select the quality products you want to sell.
- Set your prices.
- Advertise your new shop.
To make money with your new shop, you must sell your products. The more products sold, the more you will get paid.
To get paid for sales:
- No minimum balance for payments.
- Sales are final after the 30-day return period expires.
- Sale payments are sent on the 15th of each month for all sales before the 15th of the previous month.
- Choose a mailed check which takes 5-10 business days.
- Choose PayPal with payments arriving by the end of the day on the 15th.
Available to independent artists, creators, and gallery owners. To achieve success, make sure you use high-quality images for the best prints.
- No fee to set up a standard profile and start selling.
- $30 per year for premium features (you must begin with a standard profile).
Who is it best for
Fine Art America is best for artists looking to monetize their work without dealing with printing, shipping, and dealing with customers.
Fine Art America Review
Fine Art America is a legit company and print-on-demand service. They allow a network of artists to connect, buy and sell their images printed on many products. If you like to see your artwork come to life on a canvas print or an all-over print in many products, then the online marketplace is for you.
While researching the Fine Art America review, we learned it’s been in business for 15 years and has some positive social media mentions by artists. However, it does not have high ratings with BBB, with reviews mostly from customer complaints.
The majority of artists are painters and photographers, so it may not be suitable for other digital creators. If you’re selling your images on other platforms, you can benefit by using this marketplace too.
Pros and Cons
- Simple profile setup in minutes.
- Print-on-demand technology.
- Fulfillment and customer service.
- Lacks better discoverability on the platform.
- No assistance in improving product designs.
- No ability to sell directly to previous buyers.