Redbubble is an online platform for artists to sell their work as decoration on different products, including t-shirts, cushions, mugs, stickers, and more. Are you looking to earn money from your artistic talent?
What is Redbubble?
Redbubble gives independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, Redbubble connects over 700,000 artists and designers across the planet. Buyers visit Redbubble to shop for unique artistic impressions on valuable products. With Redbubble, artists get free membership, maintain the copyrights, choose prices, and decide which products can use their images.
Open a shop in minutes and sell your art printed on quality products.
Redbubble, founded in 2006, has offices in Australia and San Francisco.
How Redbubble Works for Artists
“Artists are the heart of the Redbubble marketplace.” From the pro to the hobbyist to the fan with a great idea, thousands of creators are earning money selling their art in various products. And get the following:
- Print your designs on 70+ products, from shirts to mugs to duvet covers.
- Flexible pricing to control how much you earn.
- Protect your designs with anti-piracy and watermark features.
- 24-7 customer service support for your buyers.
As an artist, all you need to do is set up shop and upload your designs. Redbubble arranges all printing and shipping. A global network of 3rd-party printers and shippers will ensure that orders are made and sent right to buyers’ doorsteps.
How to Make Money with Redbubble
To start selling your artwork and creations, you need a Redubble Artist account. Sell your art printed on high-quality products to a global audience. It’s a simple process.
To start selling:
- Prepare your original design.
- Upload your designs and select product options for your shop.
- Customers find and purchase products with your designs.
- Products are print-on-demand, and the order ships around the world.
- Get paid.
The cost of products with your image depends on the item. A base price for the product plus the artist margin (product image) equals the retail price.
To get paid:
After making a sale, you’ll be ready to receive your payments. To do so, you’ll need the following:
- We will need to reach the payment threshold.
- Have a verified PayPal account. Restrictions may apply to some countries. You’ll be required to log into your Paypal account upon choosing PayPal as your payment method.
- Or have a bank account, depending on your country of residence and selected currency. Bank transfers are only available to Australian, US, and UK bank accounts.
Shipping: Buyers can estimate shipping times, select a shipping service from a network of global partners. The buyer pays the shipping costs.
Return policy: Redbubble customer service will process all requests for returns. You carry no costs for the returned products.
Redbubble is available to independent artists who design fantastic art
- No fees to upload your product images.
Who is it best for
Redbubble is an excellent choice for artists who wish to sell their custom designs to shoppers seeking unique ways to express themselves.
Redbubble is a legit company offering artists a potential revenue stream for their creations.
In our Redbubble review, we learned it’s a trusted online marketplace and print-on-demand platform. Redbubble is safe to use and not a scam service. It has a 3.8 rating out of 5 stars on Trustpilot with over 18K reviews. The reviews consist of 65% excellent rating and positive reviews.
What differentiates Redbubble from other print-on-demand platforms is the community. You can also market your designs to potential customers outside of the marketplace. Just direct them to your shop.
Pros and Cons
- An easy-to-use online platform
- No need to print and carry an inventory
- Access to millions of shoppers
- No need to deal with customer service
- Product creation and shipping are dependent on 3rd party.
- No control over Redbubble products
Can I sell fan art on Redubble?
With Redbubble, you can create fan art with current brand partners such as CBS or NBCUniversal. Each brand has guidelines that artists must follow. Once you upload your fan art and tag it appropriately, the brand team will review it for compliance.