Shipt is a grocery delivery service with Shipt Shoppers who shop and deliver groceries to Shipt customers.
Shipt was founded in 2014 and owned by Target. It partners with multiple retailers and serves over 260 cities. As a vetted Shipt Shopper, you help Shipt customers get their groceries and essentials delivered.
How Shipt Shopper works
Shipt Shoppers are independent contractors and not employed by Shipt, Target or any of the partner retailers.
As a Ship Shopper, you can earn extra income towards their financial goals.
- Get paid per order and deliver customer orders within a specified time frame.
- No upfront cost to become a Shipt Shopper. You cover your own gas, cellphone charges, etc.)
- Set your own schedules and work whenever you want.
How to get paid
- You’ll be offered orders each having an estimated pay and time to complete.
- Shipt estimates you can get paid up to $22.
- Payments are sent through direct deposit every Friday from work performed the previous Monday through Sunday.
How to apply to be a Shipt Shopper
To qualify to be a Shipt Shopper, you must meet the following minimum requirements.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and auto insurance.
- A reliable vehicle, 1997 or newer.
- Knowledge of produce selection.
- Insulated cooler bags.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- iPhone (iOS 10 or newer) or Android (5.1 or newer) smartphone.