PuppySpot is a community of breeders and families looking for a puppy.
The PuppySpot review is for people searching to breed puppies for the money. The goal is to spotlight the great responsibility in doing so and stringent requirements for ethical and humane treatment of animals.
Is PuppySpot legit?
PuppySpot has over 150,000 healthy pups into “happy homes” with hundreds of positive reviews.
Founded 10 years ago, PuppySpot can help you find homes for your puppies. As a responsible breeder through Puppy Spot, you can help puppies find a caring and responsible person or family.
PuppySpot is USDA licensed (cert. # 58-B-0618) and requires that every breeder in the network be licensed as well (unless they are exempt from licensing by the USDA).
What is PuppySpot Breeder?
PuppySpot breeders meet standards and requirements to prevent animal cruelty and follow health guarantees.
Puppy mills are not an acceptable partner with the company. “A Puppy Mill is a substandard source for puppies that places profit above the welfare of its animals. A Puppy Mill is not only inhumane and cruel but also typically operates in violation of the law or government regulations.”
How to Become a PuppySpot Breeder
As a responsible breeder, you can place your puppies for sale and have them matched to the right individual or family. Breeders must go through a screening process that is a data-driven system to evaluate and screen thousands of breeders across the nation.
- Application process –includes interviews, review of ownership and operational history, field visits, criminal background checks, facility review, compliance evaluation, government, and humanitarian database review, and veterinarian history.
- Comprehensive health evaluations – ensure breeders are raising healthy puppies.
- Fees – there are no fees for breeders
- Veterinary Care – breeders are required to maintain a formal relationship with an attending USDA-accredited veterinarian to maintain a Program of Veterinary Care (a PVC)
- Housing – living spaces for dogs must meet high standards from size, ventilation, cleanliness, fun environment, and facilities.
- Training – breeder staff must have adequate staffing and training programs to ensure puppy and parent health
- Check-ins – Conduct surprise visits of breeders in conjunction with American Humane.
In this PuppySpot review, we learned it is not for the casual dog family with unexpected puppies to sell. The service is only for responsible breeders who go through an extensive vetting process.
From the Puppy Spot website: “We pride ourselves on being far more than just a service. We’re committed to placing healthy puppies into happy homes and have a number of measures in place to ensure the health and happiness of your new family member. One of them is our Health Guarantee, which is only activated once you take your puppy to a licensed veterinarian.”
PuppySpot is a legitimate service. It has hundreds of positive reviews on Trustpilot scoring a 3.9 out of 5. They respond to 49% of bad reviews on the website.
The website provides customer service support to individuals and families who work with breeders through the platform.
In our review of PuppySpot, we also discovered a large number of complaints from people who bought from breeders. These include negatives reviews from a customer who received a sick puppy and questioning the health guarantee. And comments on experiences with puppy concierges (PuppySpot Customer Care).
Who is it best for
PuppySpot is best for licensed and professional breeders.