Magic Ears Overview
Magic Ears is an innovative online English learning platform that provides a 1-on-4 classroom teaching environment. The company’s mission is to create a global classroom experience for children and an opportunity for teachers. As an English teacher, you help non-native speakers learn to master the language.
What is Magic Ears Teaching Platform?
Magic Ears helps you earn money up to $26 per hour as an online teacher. Help children abroad as you work flexible hours and use an interactive platform. As a qualified teacher, you give a 25-minute class to 1-4 students at a time. There is no lesson planning, no talking to parents, and no homework checking.
How to Make Money as a Magic Ears Teacher
Magic Ears claim you can earn up to $26 an hour as an English Teacher. You will be teaching children from age 4-12 years old. There are no minimum hours required.
As a Magic Ears English teacher, you’ll provide a unique teaching experience for students. Teachers come in different levels: junior teacher, senior teacher, and Magic Master. A senior teacher earns more. When you become a Magic Master, you’ll be able to get a complete schedule and bookings ahead of time.
Magic Ears Requirements
To become a teacher, you must go through a hiring process. At a minimum, you need a bachelor’s degree or working towards a degree, a 120-hour ESL certification, be a native English speaker, and have teaching experience and internet connection.
Step 1: Application Process
- Become a Hero and apply online and go through an interview demo. You must apply online, undergo an interview process, and meet minimum requirements to start teaching classes. You’ll be required to submit a resume and proof of education.
Step 2: Training
- As part of the hiring process, you’ll go through an interview demo. After being accepted, you’ll move into the interview process, including training and a trial class with real kids. To assess your skills and teaching style, you must complete the trial demo. Before teaching the lesson plan, review the class materials to prepare.
Step 3: Background Check
After passing the trial class, you must pass a background check.
Step 4: Teaching Schedule
Peak teaching hours are from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM on weekdays and 9:30 AM to 9:30 PM on weekends.
No fees for teachers.
How to Get Paid
Teachers get paid for each online class. When you teach more classes, you’ll earn more money. However, the assignment of classes depends on your rating and reviews.
Magic Ears Review
Our Magic Ears review taught us it’s a good platform for teachers to make extra money. The flexible hours, cancellation policy, booking rates make this an excellent opportunity for teachers. It’s important to note, this isn’t a side gig for novices. You must have teaching experience. And if you can work later hours, the better as most children are on the other side of the globe.
Pros and Cons
- Class bookings by Magic Ears, not parents
- Flexible cancellations per month
- Interactive online platform
- Not guaranteed time slots
Who is it best for
Magic Ears teaching jobs are good for qualified people who enjoy teaching children through online classes. If you’re an animated and high-energy person, you’ll fit the needs.