American Airlines Federal Credit Union Membership Eligibility
American Airlines Credit Union is open to anyone working in the Air Transportation Industry and their families.
Who is eligible to join
All active or retired airline employees and their family members:
- All active or retired employees of American Airlines, US Airways, and Envoy.
- Employees who work directly in the air transportation industry* such as:
- Airline employees.
- Employees who work directly in administration, regulation, or security of airports, airlines, or air transportation, such as:
- TSA, FAA, and others…
- Employees of companies that have a strong dependency relationship with airlines or airports who work directly with:
- Air transportation of freight, including freight forwarding for air transportation;
- Air courier services, air passenger services, airport baggage handling;
- Commercial airport janitorial services;
- Commercial aircraft cleaning, maintenance, servicing, and repair services;
- Commercial airport runway maintenance services; and
- On-board airline food services.
- Families: Member-owners can sponsor a membership for their spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, and permanent household members with the same physical address.
When Does Eligibility Begin
You can apply for membership as early as your first day of Air Transportation employment or any time afterward. You can open up a savings account with a $5 share deposit, and a one-time $1 membership fee.
And, once a member, always a member regardless of where you live or work.