State Employees Credit Union membership is limited to persons who meet the eligibility requirements.
State Employees’ Credit Union is a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative. Membership is limited to persons who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Employees of the state of North Carolina
- Federal employees assigned to North Carolina state agencies (for example, a federal US Department of Agriculture employee assigned to work at the North Carolina Department of Agriculture)
- Employees of public boards of education
- Members of the North Carolina National Guard
- County employees of Social Services, Health, Mental Health, and Civil Defense
- Employees of associations formed for the benefit of the state of North Carolina employees (e.g., State Employees’ Association of North Carolina)
- Employees of agencies or departments whose employees are subject to the State Personnel Act
- Individuals retired from the above employment or service as pensioners and/or annuitants from the above employment or service. This includes former employees who are “vested” and have not withdrawn or terminated future eligibility to be a pensioner and/or annuitant.
- Un-remarried spouses of persons who died while in the field of membership
- Immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of a current member
- Individuals sharing a single economic unit1 with a current member
Become a Member
If you meet one of these eligibility requirements, you can become a member by opening a share account with a minimum deposit of $25. (A FAT CAT share account can be opened for eligible persons age 12 and under with a minimum initial deposit of $5.) You can view and print a copy of the Account Rules and Regulations for more information regarding share and deposit accounts with the Credit Union. To request membership, please contact your local branch or 24/7 Member Services.