Stash app allows you to start investing with as little as $5 with an easy to use platform and theme-based investment options.
Don’t let “not knowing” how to invest, stop you. With Stash, you get investing and educational resources rolled into a useful app.
Stash is an all-in-one investing and banking platform that includes guidance and education to its members. A great app that’s easy for beginners to use and navigate. With Stash, you can invest in fractional shares and earn stock-back rewards for using the debit card. There’s no minimum and a simple monthly fee ($1 – $9) to access benefits.
Want to skip the description and get started? Click here to start stashing away.
Stash shines with its user-friendly interface and an educational centered design.
- Account Minimum – $0
- Auto-save – round up or use variable savings feature
- Automated invest – set recurring daily, weekly, and monthly investments
- Portfolio builder – create an investment strategy that aligns with your values and meets your goals
- Fractional shares – start investing with $1 or less
- No hidden fees – No overdraft fees or minimum balances. 19k fee-free ATMs
- Stock-back rewards – unique opportunity to earn stocks with some purchase
- Stash early payday gives you access to your paycheck direct deposit 2 days earlier.
- Stash round-up lets you save more by rounding up purchases and transferring difference into savings.
- Smart-Stash saves a variable amount for days you have extra cash.
- Budgeting and saving tools – simple budgeting, goal setting, and tracking.
What is Stash?
Stash is a personal finance app that focuses on helping people invest, bank, and retire better. Stash’s online brokerage account is integrated with a checking and debit card. The goal is to make investing easy and approachable for many who may find it complicated.
- Invest – invest in stocks and ETFs, fractional shares
- Spend – checking account with a debit card, no minimums
- Retirement – tax-advantaged accounts, traditional or Roth
- Custodial – accounts for your children under the age of majority
- Beginner: $1 a month. Investing plus checking and a debit card.
- Growth: $3 a month. Adds on an individual retirement account and retirement advice.
- Stash+: $9 a month. Includes Beginner and Growth, plus investing accounts for kids, metal double stock-back card, and monthly market insights report.
Stash is a legitimate and trusted personal finance app helping 5 million people invest in individual stocks and ETFs. For many investing can be challenging but Stash aims to make it easier and more understandable.
They have a highly integrated educational component to their investing module. And once you’ve joined and funded your account, you can start investing in fractional shares of stocks and ETFs for as little as $1 or less.
The Stash checking account comes with a debit card. There are no hidden bank fees and you can get cashback in the form of stocks from select companies when using the debit card. For example, shop at Walmart and get 1% of your purchase back in stocks.
Who is it best for?
Stash is best for new investors looking for guidance and support as the app is cleverly designed to help beginners build their portfolio. It’s a great app for anyone with minimal investing experience or a small amount of money. If you’re in the market for a new checking account, this app may benefit you more.
How to start a Stash account
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Step-by-Step to opening an account with Stash
- Getting started
Sign up online using this Stash link.
- Fund your account
Add at least $5 to your invest account.
- Choose your investments
Start investing and build your portfolio.