Splash Financial helps borrowers refinance federal and private student loans with lending partners for better terms and lower rates.
Refinancing through Splash Financial is the process of taking your existing student loans and consolidating them into a new loan. This new loan will include new terms and rates with a new lender.
Splash Financial Student Loan Refinance
Splash Financial provides student loan refinancing with partner banks and credit unions who offer fixed and variable rates with flexible terms. Refinancing is available for federal, private, and Parent PLUS student loans.
Easily compare refinance offers from multiple lenders. Find a better rate and term that meet your financial needs and goals.
Checking your rate with Splash Financial does not impact your credit score.
Who is it best for?
Splash Financial is best for any borrowers looking to see if they can save money with a lower rate and better terms. If your goal is to consolidate multiple student loans into one loan, then refinancing with a private lender may be a good option. Better yet checking your rate and prequalifying does not impact your score.
What do you get?
With Splash Financial, you get connected to banks or credit unions that can refinance your student loan.
Features & Terms
- Undergraduate, graduate and medical student loans
- Minimum $5,000 to refinance with no maximum
- Fixed and variable interest rates
- Loan terms of 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 15 or 20 years
- Available in all 50 states and DC
- No application or origination fees
- No prepayment penalty
What makes Splash Financial different?
- Refinance with partnered banks and credit unions. Loans from leading financial institutions.
- Multiple offers from one application. Simple easy process in under 5 minutes to get your offers.
- Refinance your spouse’s student loans too. Combine all your loans with one new loan.
- Cosigner release option. Have a cosigner help you refinance your student loans for the best terms and have them released without refinancing again.
How Splash Financial works
To start the process, check to see if you are prequalified by providing basic information. This initiates the refinancing process. The prequalification check does not impact your credit score. Once you’ve been prequalified and choose a rate and lender, a hard inquiry will be performed and additional information will be requested.
You do not need a cosigner to apply for a loan, but some lenders may allow a cosigner to be added to your application. For some borrowers, having a cosigner may help your application with some lenders offering a cosigner release as well.
Who is eligible to refinance?
To refinance using Splash, you must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident and one of the following:
- Graduates with four-year degrees from Title IV accredited institutions
- Professionals with an associate degree are eligible to refinance
- Parents who took out educational loans to finance their child’s education are also eligible
Additionally, you must have a good credit score, in good standing with your current loans, employed and responsible financial history.
Who services the refinance student loan?
Depending on the lender you choose will decide which servicer you’ll have for your new loan. Some lenders may service the loan themselves or may outsource the servicing with another provider.
Safety and Security
Splash uses SSL Verification and SSL Encryption which provides some of the highest standards for identity assurance.
>> Learn more about Splash Financial
Learn more about student loan refinancing with our ultimate guide.