Get Personal Capital Wealth Management and Investment Services for clients with at least $100,000 in investable assets.
What is Personal Capital Wealth Management?
Personal Capital is a free tool for managing your investments, saving money, and tracking your net worth. It allows you to easily track all of your assets, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate, retirement accounts, and other investments. The goal is to help you achieve investment goals and create wealth.
For people who have at least $100,000 in investment assets, you can access wealth management services with financial advisor access and personalized advice.
How Personal Finance Wealth Management Works
Personal Finance Wealth Management provides access to personal advice from human advisors for your entire financial life. You start by connecting your financial accounts and getting an investment checkup.
With Wealth Management, you get:
- a financial plan tailored to you and your goals based on your desires and stage in life.
- tax-efficient portfolio.
- insights on cash flow, spending, and budgeting.
- advice on 401(k) asset allocation and diversification.
Additionally, you have access to all the free financial tools offered through Personal Capital Budgeting, such as the Retirement Planner, net worth tracker, savings planner, budgeting tools, and cash flow monitoring.
Personal Capital Wealth Management Tiers
Personal Capital Wealth Management offers three tiers–Investment Services, Wealth Management, and Private Client.
Investment Services are for individuals ready to build a long-term investment plan tailored to meet their financial goals and managed by a fiduciary.
You’re required to have $100-$200k investment assets, and you’ll receive financial and retirement planning guidance from human advisors. With Personal Capital Investment Services, you get unlimited advice from finance professionals. And have a professionally managed exchange-traded funds (ETF) portfolio.
Wealth Management is for people who need a long-term investment plan plus a customized and diversified portfolio of individual securities and ETFs to meet their goals.
You’re required to have over $200k to $1m investment assets and get access to reliable advice and specialist support to help you reach goals and manage various financial challenges. Through the Wealth Management service, you have two dedicated financial advisors, access to specialist experts in real estate, stock options, and more. You’ll also receive a customized portfolio with regular reviews along with tax optimization.
Private Client is for high-net-worth individuals who want a robust financial plan, personalized services, and portfolio management to meet their lifestyle goals.
You’re required to have over $1 million investment assets and get one-on-one comprehensive financial planning to build customized investment plans. As a Private Client, you get all the benefits of the Wealth Management tier and gain priority access to specialists and access to in-depth specialist support for retirement and wealth planning.
Personal Capital Investing Types
Personal Strategy merges technology and financial advisor expertise to create a personalized solution for clients. It’s a globally diversified multi-asset class portfolio built with individual stock and ETFs. It’s designed and managed for you.
Socially Responsible Investing
The SRI strategy is a way for you to invest in companies that actively manage environmental, social, and corporate governance issues. It’s a way to align your investments with your values and beliefs.
Features and Benefits
With Personal Capital Wealth Management, you get:
- Tax Optimization: get asset location, tax-loss harvesting, and tax efficiency.
- Disciplined Rebalancing: portfolios are reviewed daily for rebalancing opportunities.
- Smart Weighting: exposure to factors such as size, style, and sector for better portfolio diversification.
- Dedicated Advisor: help with financial planning and coaching.
- Be 18 years or older
- Valid Social Security Number
- Legal U.S. residential address
- U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or have a valid U.S. visa
Management Fee: 0.89% for first $1 million
For Private Client Fee Structure:
- First $3M: 0.79%
- Next $2M: 0.69%
- Next $5M: 0.59%
- Over $10M: 0.49%
Who is it best for?
Personal Capital Wealth Management is best for people with more than $100,000 investable assets and who want access to live financial advisors.
Personal Capital Wealth Management Review
Personal Capital is a legit company owned by Empower. The Personal Capital app has a 4.7 rating out of 5-stars with 34K reviews in the App Store.
In our Personal Capital Wealth Management review, the technology inclined and financial advisor focus approach stands out against Robo-advisors.
For most people, the free investing tools are enough to recommend using the Personal Capital app. The Wealth Management Services provide the financial planner needs of higher net worth people.
There is no obligation to use Wealth Management Services when using the free financial planning tools.
Betterment Pros and Cons
- Easy account setup
- Access to human advisors
- Personalized investment strategy
- Personal finance tools
- High wealth management fees
- Higher net worth requirements
How to start a Personal Capital Account
The time needed: 3 minutes.
Step-by-Step to open a Wealth Management Account
- Get started
- Create an account by clicking on the link here.
- Enter information
- Provide your first and last name, social security number, and address.
- Answer intake questions to get an evaluation.
- Connect your investment accounts
- Make a decision
- Review your strategy and decide to sign up for the Wealth Management service.
Personal Capital Alternatives
For more, please read our 5 best Robo-advisor platforms or shop the marketplace.
What is Personal Capital?
Personal Capital is a free financial management software for individuals who want to track their net worth, investment portfolios, and income streams. The app allows users to set up automatic savings plans, monitor their investments, and analyze their spending habits.
Personal Capital Products
- Financial Tools: access financial management tools like budgeting, net worth tracker, fee analyzer, and mobile apps.
- Personal Capital Cash: no fee cash management account is a high-yield cash account held in a partner bank with FDIC insurance.
- Wealth Management: personalized financial advice and investment portfolio management.