Liberty Tax Online Preparation is offered by Liberty Tax, founded in 1997 and operates 4,000+ offices in the US and Canada. The company offers in-branch tax preparation and filing services with an online filing option for DIY taxpayers.
The 2019 tax filing deadline and tax payments have been extended to July 15, 2020.
What are Liberty Tax Services?
Liberty Tax is well known for its Lady Liberty dressed employees near office locations marketing their tax preparation and filing services. With Liberty Tax, you can either get your taxes prepared in-person at an office or DIY online. There are no free tax preparation or filing options with Liberty Tax.
Liberty Tax Online Service Options
You can start your tax preparation online and complete the filing at an office for more guidance and assistance.
- Liberty Tax Online Simple
- Liberty Tax Online Basic
- Liberty Tax Online Deluxe
- Liberty Tax Online Premium
Liberty Tax Features
Some of the features of Liberty Tax preparation and filing services based on the level of service:
- In-person and online services – start your tax return online and if it gets complicated visit an office.
- 360 Degree Support – get help from a Liberty Tax professional with multi-channel access through live chat, email, social media, or in-person.
- Audit Assistance – get advice from tax professionals regarding any potential audits or inquiries coming from either the IRS or your state department of revenue.
- Double-Check at participating Liberty Tax offices – a Liberty Tax expert can review your return free of charge with participating office locations.
Tax Prep Payment Options
Preparation and filing fees can be paid with a debit or credit card. Or you can choose to use Refund Transfer a service that lets you avoid paying upfront fees. With Refund Transfer, your fees are paid after your tax refund is received and the remaining amount is disbursed to you as a paper check from a local Liberty Tax office.
How to Get Your Refund
Request your refund by paper check from the IRS, direct deposit into your checking or savings account or through a prepaid card or through Liberty Tax Refund Transfer.