Jackson Hewitt is well known for in-person tax preparation with nearly 6,000 locations with 3,000 offices in Walmart stores.
What are Jackson Hewitt Services?
Jackson Hewitt Online is an online tax preparation software helping DIY taxpayers with efficient and accurate filing of tax returns. With Jackson Hewitt, you’ll get 100% accuracy guarantee and the maximum possible refund for your return.
Jackson Hewitt Online Tax Service Options
With Jackson Hewitt online, you have three options to choose from:
- Free Online – Best for simple returnsMany people qualify when filing who are single or married filing jointly with no dependents, up to $100,000 taxable income with W-2 only, and will use the standard deduction
- Deluxe – Best for families and retirees including those with children and other dependents, Schedule EITC and Child Tax Credit, dependent care expenses, student loans, educator expenses, retirement income
- Premier –Best for complex returns designed for those with income over $100,000, self-employment, rental property, itemized deductions, and other income, credits or deductions
If you want in-person help to complete your tax return, you have the option of using one of the 6,000 offices in the US.
Jackson Hewitt Online Features
Features that come with using Jackson Hewitt online tax preparation services:
- Easy step-by-step online tax preparation
- 100% Accuracy Guarantee
- Unlimited online support
- Maximum Refund Guarantee
- Secure storage and access to your tax returns
- Auto-completion of state returns
Tax Prep Payment Options
With Jackson Hewitt, you can pay for the services with a credit or debit card. Additionally, you can use your refund to pay the fees, but comes with an extra charge.
How to Get Your Refund
Get your refund mailed to you by paper check from the IRS or have it direct deposited into your checking or savings account. Additionally, Jackson Hewitt offers prepaid card option and an Early Refund Advance*.
With prepaid card: you may receive your refund as early as the same day it’s sent by the IRS – up to two days earlier than standard direct deposit.
With direct deposit: your tax refund will be sent to your bank the same day the IRS sends your tax refund. It will typically take 3-5 days for your bank to process, depending on your bank.
*Early Refund Advance is a service offered by Jackson Hewitt to give you an advance on your tax refund. Start your taxes and apply with a pay stub or other proof of income to see if you qualify for a refund advance.