A GrubHub driver is an independent contractor who delivers meals to customers. Grubhub, the company, is a food delivery service working together with over 80,000 restaurant partners to provide food delivery in over 1,600 cities across the U.S. and U.K.
How GrubHub Driver works
Grubhub is an app that customers use to place orders from local restaurants. With GrubHub, users download the app, place their order which is then sent to the restaurant.
To be a GrubHub driver, you must apply online and submit your documentation. Once you’ve completed onboarding, you’re ready to start deliveries as a Grubhub driver.
How to get GrubHub orders
- Complete the onboarding process.
- Download the GrubHub for Drivers App.
- Set your status to “Available.”
- Accept orders and get restaurant and customer details.
- Drivers can also schedule work hours in advance.
How to get paid
- You will be paid Delivery Pay + 100% of your tips for every order you deliver.
- Payments are sent on Thursdays via direct deposit for deliveries made from Monday through Sunday of the previous week.
How to apply to be a GrubHub Driver
To qualify as a driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 19+ years of age (21+ in Chicago)
- Own an iPhone with iOS 10 or higher OR an Android with 5.0 or higher
- Have a checking account for direct deposit
- Authorize and pass a background check
Using a car:
- Have a valid driver’s license (for at least 2 years)
- Have auto insurance
Using a bicycle:
- Have a valid state ID