With Credible, you can find private student loans for college, graduate, and professional degrees. Cover up to 100% of your school-certified costs after financial aid. Credible is free to use and offer customer support to help borrowers. And Credible partners do not charge origination fees and have no prepayment penalties.
Why use Credible Marketplace for private student loans?
- Many lenders mean more options. Choose between fixed and variable rate loans, as well as deferred and interest-only repayment plans.
- Simple process with one application. In just a few minutes, find private student loan options from multiple lenders. No multiple forms.
- Lower rates. Choose between fixed and variable rates with autopay discounts. Get rates, not estimates.
What makes Credible different?
- Speak with experts. They offer access to real people to help you with your private student loan process.
- Given choices. It’s important to know you have choices when it comes to your student loan refinancing. Lenders are vetted and the process to check your rate is a soft-pull (doesn’t impact your credit) you can rest easier.
- Confidently shop. Your information is never shared with others unless you permit it. The website states they use bank-level security and encryption technology.
How to compare private student loans
After a short application that includes name, income, and loan amount, Credible will run a soft credit check. A soft credit check does not impact your credit score. If you can meet the lenders’ criteria, you’ll then pre-qualify for loans but none of which are final until you’ve submitted a complete application directly to the lender.
- Answer a few quick questions to request student loan rates from multiple lenders.
- Choose a lender and provide a bit more information so your rates can be finalized.
- Upload a few documents and your loan is then disbursed to your school.