Credible private student loans are offered through a marketplace where lenders compete for your business. Through the marketplace, Credible offers multiple loan options for undergraduate, graduate, and other educational programs, with fixed or variable rate options, and a variety of repayment terms.
Credible Private Student Loans
The Credible private student loan marketplace helps you find and compare offers from multiple lenders side by side based on your criteria. With Credible, it takes two minutes to complete a form to determine if you’re eligible for prequalified rates.
Checking your rate and seeing if you qualify will not impact your credit score. No obligation or commitment to choose any offers given.
Features & Terms
- One simple 2-minute form – Get actual rates, not estimates, from multiple lenders
- Available for almost any degree
- Loan amounts – lending partners’ maximum loan amount is based on your school’s certified costs minus the amount of financial assistance you’ve already received (i.e. federal assistance, scholarships, etc.)
- Required enrollment – Most lenders offer private student loans to students enrolled at least part-time in most Title IV-eligible schools
- Multiple repayment plans – Depending on the lender you choose repayments from immediate payment to in-school deferral.
- Rates – Fixed and variable rates available
- Loan repayment terms – 5 – 20 years
- Cosigner – No cosigner needed unless you’re under the age of majority or need a cosigner to increase the likelihood of approval or wish to have better rates and terms.
- Customer support – available 7 days a week based in San Francisco
- No fees – Credible does not charge any service fees to use the student loan marketplace.
- Origination fee: $0
- Service fee: $0
- Prepayment fee: $0
What makes Credible Private Student Loans different?
- Receive offers within minutes – After completing the form, you’ll receive prequalified offers instantly.
- 3-way phone support – Get Credible assistance through the process with your lender.
- Lenders are vetted – Choose a student loan from vetted partners.
- International students eligible – Provide a U.S. address and apply with a creditworthy co-signer who is either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
- No prepayment penalties – Lenders in the marketplace do not assess a prepayment penalty.
Learn about the pros and cons of private student loans.