Chime is a no-fee mobile bank account that offers a Spending Account, a Savings Account, and a Visa debit card.
Chime Spending and Savings Account
Spending (Checking) Account – There is no minimum balance requirement. No monthly fees, transfer fees, or overdraft fees. The main feature of the spending account is the Visa debit card for your purchases.
Savings Account – The Savings Account has no fees or minimum balance requirements. Transferring between your Spending and Savings accounts is done through the mobile app or online.
Features And Benefits
- Early Direct Deposit – get access to your direct deposited paycheck from your employer or benefits provider up to 2 days earlier. For some, that means payday comes Wednesday, not Friday.
- Roundup Savings Feature – round ups the purchase to the nearest dollar and transfers the difference from your Spending Account into your Savings Account.
- SpotMe: Overdraw fee-free on debit card purchases when you need it.
- Connected Accounts – connect your accounts with external financial institutions so you can view and easily transfer between Chime and other financial institutions.
- Real-time Notifications – get alerts about spending activity and balances to keep you on track.
- Absolutely No Fees – no monthly fees, transaction fees, statement fees, debit card fees, foreign transaction fees, or overdraft fees.
- ATM Access – access to 35,000+ surcharge-free ATMs.
- Instant Cash Rewards – spend with their partners and earn dollars back that’s deposited into your savings account.
- App Security Features – block access to your Visa debit card if you lost or stolen.
- Pay Friends – send money to your friends easily through the app.
- Bill Pay – set up automatic bill payments
- No Checks – you don’t get a checkbook with Chime, but if you need to send a paper check they’ll do it for you through their Checkbook feature.