Simple is an online bank backed by BBVA Bank (FDIC Insured) and offers budgeting tools with a checking account and a protected goals account.
Simple Checking Safe-to-Spend Accounts
Checking Account (Safe-to-Spend) – The main feature of the spending account is the Visa debit card for your purchases. The Simple checking account is optimized for branchless use with no minimum balance or account maintenance fees.
Features And Benefits
- Built-in Budgeting and Savings Tools – Get real-time details of your spending
- Spending Notifications – Every time your debit card is used, no matter if it’s used for a purchase or at an ATM, the Simple app will notify you. This is fraud prevention at its finest. If you get a notification about a purchase you didn’t make, you can turn off the card.
- Transaction Names – With Simple, you’re able to change how the transaction appears by renaming the transaction entirely. This allows for better tracking of where exactly your money is going.
- Purchase Memos – You can add notes about purchases to help remind you of why you withdrew money.
- Purchase Categories – Expenses are categorized but you can recategorize them too.
- Online Bill Pay – Pay your bills online electronically or with a check. This is done directly within Simple. Mailed checks take 3-5 days but larger companies may accept payments electronically.
- ATM Access – access over 40,000 surcharge-free ATMs
- Instant Transfers – send money to other Simple customers instantly
- No Fees – no account minimum or monthly fees or ATM fees (but fees may apply from other ATM owners)