Celsius Network is a crypto platform to manage, borrow, and earn interest with your cryptocurrency holdings. Are you interested in earning your crypto investment portfolio?
What is Celsius Network?
Celsius is primarily a decentralized finance (DeFi) platform offering crypto wallets and crypto lending. Celsius offers crypto interest accounts and crypto loans. There are no transaction fees, no transfer fees, and no early termination.
Celsius Network holds over $10 billion assets on deposit and has over 200 employees working across offices in New Jersey, London, Tel Aviv, Cyprus, and Serbia.
What is Crypto Lending Platform?
Cryptocurrency is a digital currency that is currently thought of as a type of asset class. With cryptocurrency lending, you stake your coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and USD Coin and earn rewards, and can borrow against your crypto assets.
How does Celsius Crypto work?
Celsius offers interest-earning accounts, crypto-backed loans, and financial services traditionally offered by banks. Similar to how banks use fiat currency (US Dollar), Celsius is for cryptocurrency. Transfer crypto coins, earn rewards and borrow dollars against your crypto. Through the platform, you can:
- Transfer a variety of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum into your wallet.
- Earn up to 17% yield in your crypto holdings.
- Borrow cash against your portfolio instead of selling your crypto coins.
It’s crucial to understand crypto trading involves the risk of losing all of your original investments. Celsius Network is registered with FinCEN in the US and is Security ISO 27001 certified.
Features & Benefits
Celsius Network’s main benefit is the weekly earnings payout for holding your coins in the Celsius wallet.
- Interest Account: Earn up to 17% APY and get paid weekly based on location and loyalty tier.
- Crypto Deposit: Transfer your assets. No hidden fees and no minimum balances.
- Crypto-backed Loans: Borrow money against your crypto assets with no credit check.
- CelPay: Send and receive crypto right from the app.
- Credit card: Earn rewards when you spend. Coming soon!
- Swap: Crypto market to swap your coins instantly.
You can choose to earn rewards in CEL Tokens, Celsius’ native token to level up your rewards. CEL Tokens are not available for sale to US residents.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), commonly used to insure bank deposits, does not cover digital assets like your crypto holdings, so your crypto deposits with Celsius have no insurance.
Read our review of Celsius Alternative: BlockFi
- Be 18 years or older.
- Verifiable personal information.
- Social security number.
- No transaction fee.
- No withdrawal fees.
- No termination fees.
- No origination fees on loans.
Who is it best for?
Celsius Network is best for crypto holders who want to earn interest on their digital assets or need access to low-interest rate loans. It’s a great option for passive crypto investors.
Celsius is a legit company. It has a 3.8 out of 5 rating on the App Store. In our Celsius review, there’s a lot to like with interest earnings up to 17% and loans for as little as 1%. Celsius is not an exchange like Coinbase. Instead, it’s a financial service company similar to a bank offering products and services for your needs.
- Intuitive web and mobile platform.
- Earn interest in your cryptos.
- Crypto-backed loan without selling digital assets.
- No minimum deposit.
- Centralized control for a DeFi platform.
- No crypto exchange of its own.
24/7 customer service is available within the app, through AI chat, phone email, and by submitting a ticket.
How to Start a Celsius Network Account
The time needed: 2 minutes.
Step-by-step to open a Celsius account
- Get started
- Create an account by downloading the app.
- Submit your application
- Legal first and last name, email address, and referral code.
- Create your wallet
- Set your PIN.
- Verify your profile and submit your documents.
- Transfer funds
- Deposit funds into your new account using 30+ crypto coins or tokens.