Acorns Invest account gives you an automated way to invest your spare change.
If you’re a beginner investor who might not have a lot to invest initially, then Acorns is a great option. You can set up the app and passively grow your investments through Acorns.
Acorns is an automated savings tool that merges the Robo-advisor model to help beginners build their investment portfolios with more ease and fewer hassles. The app is best known for rounding up your linked credit and debit card purchases. Then, it invests the amount into six different Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). With Acorns Invest, you can invest as little as $5 at any time or set recurring transfers into your portfolio.
Ready to start growing your oak? Get started with Acorns.
Acorn: Round-Ups and Simplicity
Acorn shines with this simplicity and Round-up features.
- Round-ups – save money after each purchase with your linked debit and credit card
- Automated – set recurring daily, weekly, and monthly investments
Let the Robo-advisor do the work of investing your spare change or any recurring and one-time transfers you make.
Features & Benefits
- Account Minimum – $0
- Invest Spare Change – Automatic Round-Ups of purchases to the nearest dollar.
- Diversified Portfolios – Invested in six different exchange-traded funds (ETFs) comprising diversified investments across 7,000+ stocks, bonds, and other securities and try to mimic the performance of an index.
- Automatic Rebalancing – Maintain your specific target allocation.
- Found Money – Shop and earn cashback with 350+ partners.
What is Acorns?
Acorns revolutionized investing for many by helping people save their spare change through a Round-up feature. They’ve merged automated savings with a robo-advisor model making it simpler to build up your savings and have it earn more in an exchange-traded-fund (ETF).
All Acorns users must start with an Invest account to access other products and services. The micro-saving features are built into its other product offerings.
- Invest – micro-savings and investing
- Spend – checking account with a debit card and no minimums
- Later – tax-advantaged accounts for your retirement
- Early – accounts for your children
Acorns Earn that helps you earn cash-back for using recommended services from partners or through the use of Acorns debit card. And Acorns Grow offering users financial articles, interviews, and reviews.
Acorns tiered service offering includes:
- Lite: $1 a month. Includes a taxable investment account.
- Personal: $3 a month. Adds on an individual retirement account and a checking account.
- Family: $5 a month. Includes everything in the lower tiers, plus Acorns Early, which lets you open investment accounts for kids.
What makes Acorns different?
Acorns is a comprehensive financial app centered around investments for newbie investors. With its low monthly fee of $1, you can access tools to help you grow your money and learn from expert articles.
Acorns designed five investment portfolios to maximize your returns for your selected level of risk. There are no account minimums and on commission.
Acorns is a legitimate and trusted investment app helping millions of people save and invest with little effort. For many, investing can be intimidating and prevents them from starting to build their nest egg. Acorns removes the barrier through automation tied to your spending. The Acorns app works by rounding your purchases on linked debit or credit cards then sweeps the change into your investment account.
Who is it best for?
Acorns is best for people who struggle to save money and would benefit from a hands-off approach.
How to Start an Acorns Account
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Step-by-Step to opening an account with Acorns
- Getting started
Click “Get Started” to open an account
- Enter email and password
Submit your personal information, set up a PIN access code, and log into your new account.
- Connect your accounts
Choose your Round-up account and connect your checking account.
- Answer questions
Choose your reason for investing that helps the algorithms recommend your portfolios.