- Wealthsimple Invest helps you align your values with socially responsible investments through diversified and low-cost ETFs.
- No minimum balance, robo-advice, and access to financial advisors. Basic features include auto-deposits, auto-rebalance, and dividend reinvesting.
- Get a free portfolio analysis of your existing non-Wealthsimple portfolios.
- Stash Invest is part of a robust financial app that includes a checking and debit card, retirement, and custodial accounts for children.
- Get no commission trades and invest in stocks, ETFs, and fractional shares for as little as $1.
- Use a bank account with no hidden fees and get paid 2 days earlier.
Promotion: Get $5 for signing up and depositing at least $5.
Retirement accounts are tax-advantaged and used to store and grow funds used during retirement which is defined by the IRS as after the age of 59.5 years old.
Retirement accounts include:
Employer-sponsored plans like 401(k)s offered as an employee benefit. 401(k)s allows you to contribute a portion of your pre-tax paycheck to tax-deferred investments. This reduces the amount of income you must pay taxes on that year.
Individual Retirement Accounts offered by banks, credit unions, and investment companies. There are Traditional, Roth, and Rollover IRAs available and come with tax benefits. Additionally, small business owners may be eligible for SEP IRAs.
You can learn more about the different types of retirement plans with tax advantages through the IRS website.