- Acorns Spend is a checking account and debit card that saves, invests, and earns money for you.
- No minimum balance or overdraft fees. Unlimited free or fee-reimbursed ATMs nationwide.
- Real-Time Round-Ups, automatic retirement savings, custom Spend Strategies, and more.
Promotion: New Acorns users get a $75 bonus after the first two direct deposits of $250+.
- Acorns Later helps you save for retirement with a simplified platform to save in tax-advantaged IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts).
- Best for existing Acorns users and beginners seeking a better way to save for their retirement using Acorns suite of ETFs.
- Get started with just $5.
- Acorns Invest is a micro-savings app that helps you invest your spare change from everyday purchases through Round-Ups.
- Accounts including general investing, retirement, checking and debit card, and custodial accounts for children.
- Best for beginners and those seeking an integrated financial app centered on investing.
Acorns Promotion: $5 signup bonus after first deposit.
What makes Acorns different?
The five investment portfolios were designed to maximize your returns for your selected level of risk. There are no account minimums and on commission.
With the low monthly fee, you get
- Diversified portfolios
- Automatic rebalancing
- Access to Found Money partners to earn while you shop
- On the go accessibility through mobile and web app
- Investment support from a dedicated support team
- Access to Later, an easy way to save for retirement
Access to Spend, the only debit card that saves, invests, and earns for you
Is Acorns a good investment?
Acorns is a good way to invest if you’re unsure how much you can save and need help to start investing. Investments use ETFs and with small deposits, it may take some time to create a large nest egg.
Can you lose money with Acorns?
The app invests your money in the market so there is a chance you’ll lose your savings. This is true for any market investments you make. Acorns invests conservatively and with a long-term horizon, you can benefit from the historical average return of the market.
Is Acorn safe and legit?
Acorns is a legitimate company. The application and website are operated by Acorns Advisers, LLC an investment adviser registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). Securities in your investment accounts are SIPC-protected up to $500,000. Your checking account is FDIC-insured up to $250,000. You can withdraw available funds and/or close your account at any time.
What are the fees?
Acorns fees are tier-based. Light is $1 per month for all accounts under $1 million. The monthly fee rises to $100 per month for every million invested afterward. Personal is $3 per month which includes Later and Spend. Family is $5 per month with Later, Spend, and Early.
Is Acorns still free for students?
The app is free for students under the age of 24 and using a .edu email address will automatically waive your fees.
Is Acorns a bank account?
Acorns Spend, a checking account, is created in partnership with Lincoln Savings Bank, N.A. No minimum balance or overdraft fees, and fee-reimbursed ATMs nationwide. The checking account comes with a tungsten metal debit card. When you make a purchase with Spend debit card, your purchase is rounded to the nearest dollar and invests into your Acorns Invest account.
Does Acorns actually make you money?
As an investment app, it enables you to save money into one or more ETFs. As with any investments in the market, your money has the opportunity to grow (or make you money) but also the potential to lose.