What is LendKey?
LendKey is not a lender but a marketplace that connects consumers to student loan consolidation and refinancing options with community banks and credit unions. Essentially, it’s a matchmaking service to help borrowers find local financial institutions for your student loan needs.
Lenkey Private Student Loan Details
- Variable rates as low as 3.00%.*
- Fixed rate as low as 4.99%.*
- Interest rate deduction with automatic payments, currently 0.25%.
- Loan amounts starting at $5,000 up to $250,000.
- Repayment terms set at 15 years.
- No origination fee.
- No prepayment fee.
*accurate as of September 25, 2017
- Individual borrowers must be at least 18 years old.
- Proof of US Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
- Steady income of at least $24,000 or apply with a cosigner.
- Credit union membership required for funded loans.
All loans are subject to credit review and approval and your rate depends upon credit score, loan amount, loan term, and credit usage and history. A cosigner may be necessary with cosigner release after on-time principle and interest payments.
Experience. An easy application process but not automated.
The LendKey Private Student Loan application process is simple:
- Check availability
- Choose your loan
- Upload documents
You’ll get notified once application and documents are reviewed.