Stash Invest offers a choice of thousands of stocks and funds. And with fractional shares, you can start with any dollar amount.
What is Stash Invest
Stash app allows you to start investing with as little as $5 with an easy to use platform and theme-based investment options. It’s investing and an educational resource rolled into a useful app. Stash offers 30 different themed investments from which investors can choose risk tolerance and personal preferences. The Stash app allows investors to buy additional investments, diversify, and monitor the progress of those investments.
Stash Invest is best for beginners or those needing more investment guidance.
How Does Stash Invest Work?
Stash doesn’t manage investor accounts but helps guide investors through the process of building an ETF portfolio. The Stash service has a $5 minimum investment and charges $1 a month for account balances under $5,000 and a 0.25% annual fee for accounts with $5,000 or more.
Stash Invest offers you investment recommendations, but you do the investing. Learn as you go but get assistance through the app advisory service.
After opening an account, you complete a questionnaire that will help Stash determine your risk tolerance. Stash will then present you with a list of investment options from which you choose. Stash provides personal guidance to help you, but you can decide to invest in what you believe is important to you.
- Auto-Stash – Easily add to your portfolio and set up recurring transfers.
- Education and investment guidance – Stash help beginners learn how to invest and that’s what it does best. If the app determines your portfolio lacks diversification, it will provide educational content to help you make a decision.
- Thematic and mission-driven portfolios – Stash does things differently and instead of having you invest by choosing a stock symbol, you choose themed investments. You choose in three areas “I Believe. I Want. I Like.” This helps make investing relatable and affordable. For instance, if you like “Things that Glitter” it will recommend investments in Gold or if you choose in Clean & Green, it will recommend stocks in solar.
What Are The Fees?
There are no commissions or trading fees, but other fees may apply.
- $1 per month for account balances under $5,000 (Currently offering the first month free). This fee is taken from your linked checking account and not your Stash account.
- 0.25% of your account balance on accounts over $5,000 (for example, $12.50/year for $5,000 account balance).
Learn more Stash FAQ