Self is a financial tech company with a mission to help people establish, rebuild, and strengthen credit especially for those who may not have access to traditional financial services. Self helps thousands of people build credit or raise credit scores with the help of a credit-builder account.
Self Credit Builder Account
The Self Credit Builder Account is an installment loan that enables borrowers to build positive repayment history by making on-time payments while saving money at the same time. Your on-time payments on the credit builder account will be reported to all 3 major credit bureaus and establish your credit or rebuild and improve your credit scores.
Features and Terms
- Credit history not required
- No cosigner needed
- No upfront security deposit needed
- Reported to all 3 major credit bureaus
- Save money into a certificate (CD) while rebuilding credit
- FDIC insured savings
- Choose between 4 repayment amounts
- Terms between 12-24 months
- One-time administrative fee of $9.00
- No prepayment penalty
- No monthly fees
What makes Self Credit Builder Account different?
- Apply for a loan with a partnered bank. Your money is secured and protected in a bank account.
- Payoff the loan in 12-24 months. You can choose a repayment plan that fits your budget.
- Each payment builds credit history and adds to your savings. Your payments are reported to all three credit bureaus.
- Get money back at the end after building credit history. Your paid off loan unlocks and you get the money back, minus fees and interest.