DoorDash drivers earn money delivering hot meals from local restaurants. The company connects local hungry customers with local restaurants and provides a network of independent delivery contractors.
How DoorDash Driver works
As a DoorDash driver (Dasher), you earn money by delivering hot meals and food to customers from partnered restaurants. There’s no need to drive anyone inside your car, just the meal to the customer.
Orders from DoorDash can be a single meal or a large catering order. With DoorDash, you can work in any city, set your own work schedule, and use any car to make a delivery.
Customers use the DoorDash app to place an order with local restaurants. Dashers receive delivery requests when logged in the app.
In some instances, you may be required to place the order with the restaurant and use the DoorDash Red Card (credit card) as payment.
How to get DoorDash orders
- Log in to the app to receive push notifications.
- Get alerted about available orders, accept the order and proceed to the restaurant.
- Collect the order from the restaurant and deliver to the customer.
How to get paid
- Your pay includes the base pay, tips, and any promotions.
- Get paid on a weekly basis for all deliveries completed between Monday – Sunday of the previous week (ending Sunday at midnight PST).
- Payments are transferred directly to your bank account through direct deposit.
- Get paid even faster with Fast Pay and cash out daily earnings with a fee of $1.99.
How to apply to be a DoorDash Driver
To qualify to be a DoorDash Driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- iPhone or Android smartphone
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- 18+ years of age
- 1+ years of driving experience