Digit is a mobile app and website that enables you to save money through artificial intelligence (AI) to determine how much money to transfer and save based on your spending history. The app and text message-based service transfer small amounts from your checking account into Digit. Digit analyzes what amount can be transferred on a daily basis.
Is Digit Safe?
Digit is a legitimate business and offers a trusted app used by thousands of people. From Digit’s FAQs, they use “state-of-the-art security measures. Your personal information is anonymized, encrypted and securely stored.”
All funds held within Digit are FDIC insured up to a balance of $250,000.
How Does Digit Work?
Digit looks and analyzes your spending patterns, bills, and checking balances. Then, Digit will transfer your money (a safe amount based on their analysis) from your linked checking account into your Digit savings account. The artificial intelligence (AI) looks at your transaction history to determine the safe savings transfer amount.
Auto-savings transfer amounts can vary based on checking account balances and spending history. It can be a few pennies or $20 or more.
You can let the Digit AI decide the amount to save or you can transfer any amount at any time too. There are no account minimum balance requirements.
- Digit savings accounts – Digit started as a single rainy day fund account but now offer additional savings accounts using AI to help you save for them. Set up multiple accounts for specific savings goals or for upcoming bills and expenses.
- Digit Savings Bonus – Earn a 1% annualized Savings Bonus paid every three months.
- Goalmojis – save for specific goals using emojis
- Mobile app – Perform banking transactions through a mobile app on iPhones and Android phones.
- Text Messaging – Communicate with Digit’s service via text (SMS) messages. View your balance, initiate withdrawals, save extra money or viewing upcoming bills, without using a computer. There are dozens of easy commands you can use to interact with Digit text messaging.
Digit offers a no-overdraft guarantee. In the event, your checking account is overdrawn due to auto-savings transfers, Digit will refund the fee up to two occurrences.
There is no withdrawal limit and you can transfer from your Digit savings account back into your checking account as many times as you want.
- Automated Saving
Digit knows when it’s ok to save.
- Unlimited Goals
Digit manages all your savings goals.
- Pay Off A Credit Card
Digit will save for & pay off your credit card debt.
- 1% Savings Bonus
Get paid for saving every 3 months.
- Unlimited Withdraws
Get your money when you want it.
- Overdraft Prevention
Automatic transfers to your checking.
- No Account Minimums
Leave as little as you want in Digit.
- Overdraft Reimbursement
The fee is on us if Digit saves too much.