Credible is a loan marketplace that enables borrowers to shop and compare student loan refinancing rates from up to 10 lenders without affecting your credit. Credible is free.
What makes Credible different?
- Speak with experts. They offer access to real people to help you with your refinancing process.
- Given choices. It’s important to know you have choices when it comes to your student loan refinancing. Lenders are vetted and the process to check your rate is a soft-pull (doesn’t impact your credit) you can rest easier.
- Confidently shop. Your information is never shared with others unless you permit it. The website states they use bank-level security and encryption technology.
Apply to find your student loan refinancing offers
1. Find Your Rate
To find your rate, click on “Find My Rate” and complete the form. It takes a couple of minutes. You’ll be asked to enter your name, education, and finances, and amount of student loans to refinance. Again, no impact on your credit score.
2. Get Your Rate and Compare Options
In a few seconds, you’ll see a dashboard of loan offers you’ve qualified for but understand this is a qualifier because you’ll need to send in additional information to verify the info you’ve inputted. Credible makes it easy but the lenders want to make sure the financials are accurate.
3. Apply for Best Student Loan Offer
After reviewing your offers, choose a lender and it’s time to apply for the student loan refinance. During the application process, you’ll complete a more thorough questionnaire about your finances and loan amounts. The lender you choose will run a complete credit check.