The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires each of the nationwide credit reporting companies — Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — to provide you with a free copy of your credit report, at your request, once every 12 months. Do not contact the three nationwide credit reporting companies individually.
Get your credit reports from the credit bureaus at www.AnnualCreditReport.com.
The three nationwide credit reporting companies have set up one website, toll-free telephone number, and mailing address through which you can order your free annual report.
- To order, visit annualcreditreport.com,
- call 1-877-322-8228,
- or complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
Your free credit reports through the federally mandated website will not include credit scores.
Reasons Why You Can Get a Free Credit Report
- You may order your reports from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies at the same time, or you can order from only one or two.
- Pulling your credit report on www.AnnualCreditReport.com will not impact your credit score.
- You’re also entitled to a free report if a company takes adverse action against you, such as denying your application for credit, insurance, or employment, based on information in your report. You must ask for your report within 60 days of receiving notice of the action. The notice will give you the name, address, and phone number of the credit reporting company.
- You’re also entitled to one free report a year if you’re unemployed and plan to look for a job within 60 days; if you’re on welfare; or if your report is inaccurate because of fraud, including identity theft.
Otherwise, a credit reporting company may charge you a reasonable amount for another copy of your report within a 12-month period.