The Road to Financial Wellness Comes to Dolton, IL
The New Community Church and Talaat and Tai of HisandHerMoney.com welcomes Phroogal to Dolton, IL as Pit Stop #13 on The Road to Financial Wellness.
The Road to Financial Wellness is a local grassroots and social media event to turn local money discussions into a national conversation on financial wellness. The mission is to participate in 30 events in 30 locations in 30 days to record, curate and share the financial stories of people in an effort to educate and inspire others to take action and live their dreams.
RSVP on Eventbrite to save your spot.
We’ll discuss the money mindset, dive into our relationship with money and educate many on the resources and tools that empower communities to make better financial decisions.
- Be part of an epic nationwide journey to break the social taboo on money.
- Learn about your money mindset and take the first step in achieving your dreams.
- Network with others seeking to take action to live #TheSmileLifestyle
What will happen during the event?
The event is not your typical financial workshop it is a financial empowerment kickoff. This 3 hour event includes networking, educational and motivational discussion (modeled after Ted Talk), and Q&A sessions.
- Learn about the entrepreneurial journey of Jason Vitug – from cleaning toilets to decision-making in the board room. Find out why he left left his executive job and sold his belongings that led to backpacking around the world and defining his life’s purpose. Gain a better understanding of your money mindset and relationship with money that’s preventing you from living your dream lifestyle.
- Learn from local money experts and married couple Talaat and Tai of HisandHerMoney.com on what they are doing to empower their growing community online and offline on ways to live wealthy. His and Her Money is a journey of how two high school sweethearts fell in love, got married but were total opposites when it came to handling their finances.
More on Talaat and Tai of HisandHerMoney.com
Talaat and Tai are a married couple of three beautiful children, who blog over at HisandHerMoney.com. His and Her Money is a journey of how two high school sweethearts fell in love, got married, but were total opposites when it came to handling their finances. They now show people how to manage money, marriage and everything in between!
Talaat is a U.S. Army veteran turned Special Education teacher. He is passionate about his faith in Jesus, his family, and facing challenges head on. His understanding of money handling and management started out slow, which led him to face a consumer debt of around $ 30, 000.
Tai is a passionate Christ follower and proud wife and mother of three. She is a natural hair enthusiast and an organizational junkie. Tai has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Finance. And, has held a Series 6, Series 63 and Life & Health Insurance license. She has spent years in the financial industry, helping people with loans, debt and money matters.
More on Jason Vitug of Phroogal
Jason Vitug is an author, speaker and first time entrepreneur and founder of Phroogal. Jason has been called a millennial thought leader and financial motivator with his mix of personal stories of financial struggles and professional success. His inability to let go of debt and his upward trajectory left him confused and dissatisfied. In 2012, Jason made a bold move to leave his senior executive job to figure things out which led to a 20 country-backpacking trip across the globe in 12 months.
He had his “aha-moment” when he realized he was living his childhood dream forgotten in the rush to financial adulthood. After returning home, Jason defined his purpose to empower a generation to live their dream lifestyle. His mission is to democratize financial knowledge and improve accessibility to resources so that you can live your Smile Lifestyle.
Pit Stop #13 Event Details
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2015
Time: 4PM – 7PM
New Community Church
14801 Lincoln Avenue
Dolton, IL 60419